Reinforced Earth Company Ltd. (RECo Canada) and IECS Group Inc. proudly announce a strategic collaboration agreement aimed at promoting the widespread adoption of Cable Concrete® technology throughout Western Canada, spanning from Manitoba to British Columbia. By combining our resources, expertise, and capabilities, both companies are poised to emerge as leaders in cutting-edge engineering solutions for soil erosion control.
This collaboration is designed to not only strengthen the market presence of Cable Concrete but also to expand its reach to new customers and markets. Existing clients will benefit from an extended range of high-quality products and services offered by this dynamic partnership.
Cable Concrete, an innovative Articulating Concrete Block (ACB) system interconnected by cables, provides adaptability to diverse terrains. Boasting six different thickness options, this technology ensures project stability in a cost-effective manner. It has undergone rigorous testing by engineering departments at renowned universities, including the University of Windsor, Ontario; the University of Western Ontario, Ontario; the University of Colorado; and the University of Minnesota. As well as full scale testing at various industry leading research facilities.
Cable Concrete® has proven its reliability and efficiency. Primarily employed for soil erosion control in riverbanks, lagoons, culvert inlets, outlets, spillways, and similar applications, Cable Concrete represents a cutting-edge solution for sustainable engineering practices.
Key Design Features:
- Large concrete mats for fast and economical installation
- Air entrained concrete for durability and freeze-thaw fracture resistance
- Cables looped on all mat edges for mat-to-mat connection and optional anchoring
- Up to 20-40% open area for water permeability and vegetation growth
- Pyramidal block shape allows articulation from 20° to 60°, depending on block size
- Rigorous engineering analysis, including flume testing, by esteemed institutions
- Local precaster manufactures Cable Concrete to exacting specifications, exceeding federal, provincial MTO, and state D.O.T. material requirements, ensuring a quality product
Cable Concrete Benefits:
- Cost-effective solution for erosion control
- Locally produced in Western Canada
- Precast mats with preattached geotextile for speedy installation and quality finishing
- Easily maintained when vegetated or rock-filled
- Highly resistant to ice damage and freeze-thaw cycles
- Allows for safe vehicular, pedestrian, and wildlife access
- Flexible mats conform to existing ground contours, minimizing site preparation
- Mats can be removed and reused on future sites
IECS Group Inc., headquartered in Rodney, Ontario, has been a leader in manufacturing and selling soil-stabilizing erosion control products since 1984. Specializing in innovative precast infrastructure solutions, IECS strives for excellence by providing efficient and cost-effective solutions tailored to diverse client project needs.